Showing in public media pictures of stored items..

More
17 Jul 2014 07:52 - 17 Jul 2014 12:44 #1845 by dirkwood
dirkwood created the topic: Showing in public media pictures of stored items..
How do we feel about showing pictures of contents in units going or sold in auctions in social media and forums just to show how well you do with making money? What about protecting integrity of your clients? Often units go in auctions because of hardship and clients have no other choice. Are we really the kind of industry putting extra nails in nonpaying customers regardless their situations just to get our money’s worth? In my personal view it’s wrong and I cannot support those activity’s in the same way I would never support a filming session for entertainment Hollywood style about someone else’s misery.
I felt sad reading this happening. :(
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2014 12:44 by dirkwood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2014 12:54 #1846 by ams
ams replied the topic: Re: Showing in public pictures of stored items....
Most of the units filmed in the shows are staged. There was one show that was so phoney, every single the actors bought had a firearm in it. And not just a regular gun but a good collectors item one.

I am not a fan of the shows, however for facilities that advertise units by using pictures of the stored items to help advertise the sale seems to be good. As the judged ruled in the Cook vs Public Storage, the facility's responsibility to get the most money for a unit you are selling.

Advanced Mini Storage
advancedministorage.com

ron at advancedministorage.com

More
17 Jul 2014 13:43 - 17 Jul 2014 13:59 #1848 by dirkwood
dirkwood replied the topic: Re: Showing in public pictures of stored items....
The post is about the concerns of showing pictures of an auction unit in social media. The shows on TV are not really the issue and comes secondary in my post. I am talking about facilities publishing pictures for the fun of it to proof a point and not related to a better result of a auction and done after the actual auction.
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2014 13:59 by dirkwood.

More
17 Jul 2014 14:18 #1850 by ams
ams replied the topic: Re: Showing in public pictures of stored items....
I see what you mean now.

That is like spiking the football after a touchdown.
There is no need for it. Be professional and compassionate.

Advanced Mini Storage
advancedministorage.com

ron at advancedministorage.com

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds