Human Cremains in a storage unit purchased

More
08 Aug 2013 14:35 #1618 by ams
ams created the topic: Human Cremains in a storage unit purchased
We had an auction where the buyer of a unit brought up to the office a box containing ashes. The last name of the deceased was not the same as the tenant.

We ended up contacting the Police Dept., and they told us to bring it to the county coroner. Upon arrival at the coroner's office they proceeded to direct me to the cemetery who's name was on the box. After making the drive to there, they told me I had to bring her to where she was cremated. However that place is no longer in business, so I had to find who bought them out. Which I did after a few days. (Betty had to stay in the office on a shelf while we did this)

After getting the address I drive Betty there only to find out they had moved across town. I finally get her to the Funeral Home and they take her. They say the police find these boxes all over the place and they were not surprised she was left in a storage unit.

Advanced Mini Storage
advancedministorage.com

ron at advancedministorage.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2017 11:08 #1932 by ams
ams replied the topic: Human Cremains in a storage unit purchased
I recently tried to bring cremains we had from both facilities to the cemetery-crematorium, and both places refused to take them. The corner refused to take them and the sheriff department also refused.

For now they are in our paperwork storage unit. This really stinks, but not much we can do.

Advanced Mini Storage
advancedministorage.com

ron at advancedministorage.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds